Our Lady of Mercy Academy Winter Sport Startup Information
In preparation for the start of the winter sports at the Academy, we will begin medical clearances for Basketball, Bowling, Cheer & Winter Track & Field beginning Monday, October 16th -November 3rd during our lunch periods. Please see the schedule below for dates/times.
You must have an updated Interval Health History Form completed for your fall sport of choice along with a valid Sport Physical on file in the nurse’s office. Your daughter’s physical is valid for one year from the date of the exam. Both forms can be found below as well as on the athletic page of the website. You must bring both forms with you on the day designated for your meeting with the school nurse.
Winter Sports 2023-24 Medical Clearance Schedule for Basketball, Bowling, Cheer & Winter Track & Field
|October 16th-November 3rd|
|Lunch Period 4|
|Lunch Period 5|
|Lunch Period 6|
Please print each of the first three documents below. Any student trying out for a winter sport must bring hardcopies of the following completed documents to their assigned fall medical clearance session with our school nurse:
- Valid sport physical on the NYS Health Examination Form (Current 2023-24 Health Exam Form Preferred)
- Interval Health History Form dated after October 16th. (This form must be saved & printed to complete)
- Self Carry/Administration of Meds Form (If Applicable)
- Participation Consent/Transportation/Concussion Form (Complete electronically. No need for hard copies)
- Immunization Records
- Doctors Form is acceptable
Winter Tryout Start Dates/Times for First Day. Tryouts will continue for the rest of the week.
|Sport:||Location:||November 6th||November 10th|
|Cheer||OLMA Gym||6-7:30 pm||X|
|Winter Track||OLMA Gym||X||9-11am|
Universal Athletic Attendance Policy–Please Read
Feel free to reach out with any questions.