Our Lady of Mercy Academy historically welcomes a number of transfer students in various grades every year, and we look forward to your addition to the Circle of Mercy. Our Catholic values, competitive curriculum, intimate class sizes, beautiful campus, and all-girls atmosphere draw students from neighborhoods across Long Island and into Queens. Please note, students of all faiths are welcome.
Transfer students may begin the application process by completing the forms linked below, in addition to providing transcripts and standardized test scores when available. Prospective students are invited and encouraged to register for a Shadow Day after completing the required paperwork and before coming in for an interview with the administration.
Transfer Application Process
While transferring schools can be a stressful process, Our Lady of Mercy Academy works to provide a welcoming environment for your daughter’s high school transition. We understand that changes may happen in a variety of ways and throughout the school year, so we appreciate your patience as we work to make this as seamless as possible. While we formally ask for a two-week turnaround time once a complete application with all supporting documents is provided in full, please know that we work quickly and efficiently to welcome your daughter into our beautiful building as soon as possible.
Students interested in transferring to Our Lady of Mercy Academy in Syosset, NY must provide to the OLMA Office of Admissions & Recruitment:
- OLMA Application for Admission
- School Report and Release of Records
- Final Transcripts for the Previous 3 Grade Levels
- Most Recent Report Card
- Standardized Test Scores from Sending School, If Available
The Following May Pertain to Your Daughter’s Application for Admission:
- FACTS Financial Aid Application
- Previous CHSEE/TACHS Exam Results–notify OLMA if exam was taken in 8th grade
- Current or Next Year’s Class Schedule from Sending School, If Available
- Current School Year 504/IEP, if Applicable
- Information Regarding Legacy Connection(s)
Transfer Registration Process
Once accepted, there are a variety of steps your family must take to ensure your daughter’s successful entry into Our Lady of Mercy Academy. Please complete the following steps, in the order they are listed:
Register your daughter via our online registration:
Create or login to a FACTS Tuition Management Account and set up your future tuition payment plan. OLMA offers 3 Payment Plans, detailed on our Financial Information page available to the left. As transfers come in at different times during the year, some adjustments may need to be made directly with our Business Office. If so, please contact Mrs. Eileen Byrne via email@example.com or 516-921-1047 x236.
Pay the New Student Registration Fee
Before June 1, registration fee of $650 due, payable by check to OLMA or cash After June 1, $650 + additional $2,000 = $2,650 After August 1, $650 + additional $4,000 = $4,650
Submit the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Financial Contract, signed by both responsible parties
- Emergency Care Card, for use in the Nurse’s Office
- Health Examination Form, required by the State of New York for all new students List of Immunizations, required by the State of New York for all new students
The following documents may pertain to your family:
- Request for Administration of Medication During School Day
- Authorization for Self-Carry/Self Administration of Medicine At School
For Your Review
- Letter from the School Nurse
- Flynn O’Hara School Uniform Information
The above forms and letters can be found on the Parents page here.
Time Sensitive Matters
Please check back for updates as we move through the year. There may be new student events you are welcome to attend, as well as updates regarding summer reading lists and Google Classroom updates once schedules are available.